As a trusted biological indicator supplier, we are pleased to announce our new line of biological indicator, testing supplies, SteriTestTM Mail-In Sterilization Monitoring Service and equipment to help you ensure safety and disease prevention in your office.
Biological indicators (BIs or spore tests) are the most accepted means of monitoring sterilization, because they directly assess the procedure’s effectiveness in killing the most resistant micro- organisms.1
Sterilization Products available:
- SteriTest Steam Biological Indicators
- SteriTest Self-contained Starter Kit
- SteriTest Mail-In Sterilizer Monitoring Service
- SteriTest Steam Indicator Strips
- Process Indicator Tape
- Class 5 Sterilization Integrators
- Class 4 Sterilization Pouches
- CSR Sterilization Wraps
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU USE BIOLOGICAL INDICATORS?
Although some guidelines say a minimum of weekly, the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) recommends daily biological indicator (BI) testing. The frequency of use of the sterilizer might be considered when deciding the frequency of testing.2
HANSAmed Ltd is once again keeping your convenience in mind with an auto-shipment option so you don’t have to worry about running out of biological indicators. HANSAmed will auto ship your biological indicators directly to your office, according to YOUR practice requirements and schedule so you don’t ever have to worry about running out.
1. Infection Prevention and Control in the Dental Office. Canada: Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, 2010. PDF.
2. Infection Prevention and Control for Health Care Offices/Clinics. PEI Canada: Health and Wellness. Access: http://www.gov.pe.ca/photos/original/DHW_IPC_HC.pdf