As a successful dental practice that wants to leave its mark in the industry, I am sure you want to attract the right kind of patients. If your marketing strategies are unsuccessful, even if you attract patients to your practice, they may not be the high-value individuals you seek.
In the past, dental marketing revolved around the practice, the treatments and services offered, and the dentists providing them. The focus has now shifted to the patients and their needs and goals to achieve better dental health. It is about delivering relevant and helpful information to your audience. Patient-centered marketing is vital to form a relationship of engagement and trust. The traditional 80/20 rule still holds: Eighty percent of your content offers direct value, while 20 percent is about marketing your brand.
Dental practices focusing on the patients’ needs will find that they can provide an enhanced patient experience, which will help them grow and thrive. Care should be customized to meet each individual’s needs, taking into consideration their unique backgrounds, lifestyles, preferences, and health concerns.
Some benefits of patient-centered marketing:
When carried out effectively, patient-centered marketing will offer many benefits for you and your patients:
- Better reputation for your practice
- Improved patient satisfaction and outcomes
- Higher patient engagement
- Increased trust
- Enhanced patient education
- Better overall experience
So, how do you attract the right patients to your dental practice by utilizing the most suitable marketing strategies? Here are some helpful tips:
- Understand your audience – Know who you are targeting with your website, social media, and other marketing content. Ensure your message resonates with them, meets their expectations, and covers their perspectives. Understand where patients are physically and emotionally in their journey toward optimum dental health. Gain a clearer view of their situation and create marketing campaigns that address these needs.
- Keep it simple – Dentistry is a complex subject, but make sure your marketing content is simple enough for a layperson to understand. Industry jargon and irrelevant content will put off many potential patients and prevent them from reaching out to you for the services they need.
- Identify the platforms they use and reach out to them via those channels. For example, older people spend more time watching television or browsing Facebook, while younger generations prefer outlets like YouTube and Instagram. Target them where they are, and you will find your message hitting its mark.
- Engage your audience by organizing quizzes, competitions, and giveaways or by simply requesting them to like, share, or comment on your social media posts. Send them regular but not too frequent emails, newsletters, or e-blasts, informing them about your latest offers, prizes, and surprises. Be careful not to be a nuisance, which is the last thing you want to be to your potential patients.
- Facilitating online bookings will encourage your audience to visit your website whenever they have a dental concern.
While referrals and flyers are still a great way to attract more patients to your practice, targeting modern portals with a broad outreach, such as the World Wide Web, will undoubtedly pay dividends. According to the Pew Research Center, 72 percent of US adults search for health information online. The statistics for Canada are no different.
So, use the power of the Internet to boost your dental practice. Don’t forget to adopt a more patient-centered approach in your marketing endeavours.
While information about a dental practice, its services and treatments, and its dentists took centre stage in marketing in the past, the focus has now shifted to the patient. A patient-centered approach is a must when designing successful marketing strategies. Adopt the right marketing strategy, and your dental practice will attract the right patients to help it grow and thrive.
About the Author:
Naren Arulrajah, President and CEO of Ekwa Marketing, has been a leader in medical marketing for over a decade. Ekwa provides comprehensive marketing solutions for busy dentists, with a team of more than 180 full time professionals, providing web design, hosting, content creation, social media, reputation management, SEO, and more. If you’re looking for ways to boost your marketing results, call 855-598-3320 for a free strategy session with Naren. You may also schedule a session at your convenience with the Senior Director of Marketing – Lila, by clicking https://www.ekwa.com/msm/ or simply send a text to 313-777-8494.