Oral Health Group

UK woman dies in dentist’s chair after allergic reaction


March 24, 2011
by ken








Published
March 23, 2011 NewsCore

 

An
investigation is underway into the death of a British woman who collapsed in
the dentist’s chair after using mouthwash.

Sacha
Rumaner, 30, from Brighton, in southern England, was having her teeth cleaned
at the Morley Street Family Dental Clinic when she went into anaphylactic
shock, The Brighton Argus newspaper reported.

Anaphylaxis
is a severe and life-threatening type of allergic reaction, with symptoms
developing rapidly — often within seconds or minutes. If the condition is not
treated immediately, it can lead to unconsciousness or even death.

In
this case,paramedics tried to resuscitate Rumaner,but it was too late, and
she died before they could get her to the hospital. 

An
autopsy was inconclusive, and the coroner’s office refused to comment on her
death before its investigation, which is due to take place June 15.

Click here to read more from The Brighton Argus,

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/23/uk-woman-dies-dentists-chair-allergic-reaction/#ixzz1HVvELqqV

Enhanced by Zemanta

Print this page

Related


Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*