June 9, 2015
by Kahaliah Richards
The impact of today’s technology on your business…
Social Networking is the dialogue used by one or all of the above to converse, communicate and contribute online. Social networking can re-connect someone with their past, update today’s world on your daily events, share opinions, experiences and insights to a virtual friendship that can reach many people.
The types of social media are broken down into the following categories:
1. FACEBOOK-Social Networking Personal or Fan Page. If Facebook was a country, it would be the world’s third largest with a population of 750 million users of which 50% of users log on to Facebook every day.
2. BLOGS– Content-based 350 word articles to express opinions, hypothesis and insights on any topic, issue or event. Fifty four (54)% of bloggers post content. There are over 200,000,000 Blogs. United States has the largest population of bloggers with 30% coming from the USA.
3. YOU TUBE– Video Content Community and the #2 largest search engine in the world with more than 13 million hours of video that were uploaded during 2010 and 48 hours of video uploaded every minute, resulting in nearly 8 years of content uploaded every day.
4. TWITTER– Micro blogs of less than 140 characters. 100 million people use Twitter each day. Approximately fifty five (55)% of Twitter users are mobile users, with twenty (20)% of Twitter users have tweeted 10 times or more each and forty one (41)% of Twitter users have not tweeted since they created an account, says Twitter CEO, Dick Costello.
5. LINKED IN– Professional Networking. Founded in December 2002 and launched in May 2003, it is used for professional networking and, as of March 2011, LinkedIn reported more than 120 million registered users.
“Why social media?” is the question that many people of the aging population question, as they consider how to incorporate it into their already busy day. Well, times change and technology moves at an alarming rate. There is currently more than 1.5 million pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) shared via social media…daily.
Social Media has overtaken pornography as the #1 activity on the Web, with 1 out of 8 couples who were married in the U.S. last year met via social media. Ninety six (96)% of Generation Y, who out-number Baby Boomers, have joined a social network.
Thirty six (36)% of people are using the internet to access health information about medication or treatment. 34% are using social media, 46% using health portals, 67% using search engines like Google and Safari.
For more information, please visit: http://transitionsonline.com/blog/tuesdays-with-transitions/why-use-social-media-for-your-dental-practice.html
Transitions Group North America