A security incident that turns into a validated security breach can lead to financial and/or reputational loss. It can shine a spotlight on your practice and unveil the fact that you are currently non-compliant with privacy and information security requirements as outlined in the Health Information Act. Ignorance of the law is no excuse…
This presentation is for anyone that can’t answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
– Does your practice have privacy and information security policies in place?
– Have all of your staff members received privacy and information security training?
– Has your office submitted your first privacy impact assessment? (March 2011, HIA requires custodians to prepare an initial privacy impact assessment and update as required).
– Do you have an information manager agreement in place with your IT service provider?
– Do you have the administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place to protect the confidentiality of the health information that is in your custody?
In a world where it isn’t a question of “if,” but “when” your organization may find itself the target of a cyber incident… Come and see what the experts have to say and gain valuable resources to help you have peace of mind before the August 31, 2018 deadline.
Integree-T (pronounced integrity) Security Solutions provides information security and compliance services to small business, regulated health professionals and the non-profit sector. Our goal is to build new behaviors within your team so that we can focus on security breach prevention together. We provide risk assessments, staff security awareness training programs and cyber incident response plans. We can also help with IT security coaching – providing the technical expertise needed for data security, privacy information compliance, and secure cloud service integration.
CAROL COLLING, is a Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) and member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals. She as previously worked with the University of Albera, School of Dentistry, University of Alberta, as a Research Assistant and Special Projects Manager.
ALEJANDRO IBARRA, has more than 15 years experience with software development, business analysis and system design and software configuration. In addition to addressing system security, he also has extensive experience developing web-oriented software for the telecomm and banking industries.