December 11, 2017
Allied Centre for Continuing Dental Education
660 Petrolia Rd.
Toronto, ON M3J 3K4
Dental Implants have a long and proven track record. Millions of patients have been successfully treated using this treatment modality. Our current focus in implantology is the adaptation of protocols to make the process more simple, convenient, and predictable. A surge of recent product and technical innovation has had a corresponding impact on the maintenance requirements and recommendations for dental implants. The prevention of dental disease around dental implants is the ultimate goal of any maintenance protocol. In order to follow these new conventions, an updated understanding of implant maintenance concepts is required.
After this course, participants will be familiar with:
• the components and instrumentation of implant dentistry
• pertinent anatomy
• prosthetic design
• traditional protocols vs. new aesthetic protocols
• patient candidacy and risk factors
• radiographic interpretation
• peri-implant disease (difference between peri-implant mucositis vs peri-implantitis)
• treatment algorithms for peri-implant disease
• home care protocols