Porcelain veneers offer our patients a valid option to improve the colour, shape andalignment of their anterior teeth. However, it is essential for a successful treatmentto follow an appropriate case selection and to implement specific clinical protocols. Clinicians need to master how to properly treatment plan and execute tooth preparation, impression, temporization and cementation to achieve expected outcomes.
The focus of this hands-on program is to provide general dentists with key factors in achieving predictable esthetic outcomes with porcelain veneers. In the didactic section of this full day course, a comprehensive review of prosthodontic treatment planning as well as indications and contraindications for porcelain veneers will be provided. A systematic approach to tooth preparation, impression, temporization and cementation will be discussed. The hands-on component will be focused on preparation, impression and temporization of typodonts on the anterior teeth.
• Indications and contraindications for porcelain veneers
• Appropriate treatment planning for porcelain veneers
• Clinical protocol for porcelain veneer fabrication including tooth preparation, impression, temporization and cementation
• Fabricate a matrix based on ideal waxup, prepare, impress and temporize maxillary anterior teeth on typodont
• Basics of digital work flow related to anterior aesthetic treatments (Intraoral scanner hands-on)