The evolution of the use of posts in dentistry
• The modern day decision tree – when should posts be used
• The evolution of fibre post technology and sytems
• Fibre posts – they are not all the same!
• Manufacturing standards of fibre posts
• The selection of the appropriate post
• The secret to clinical success – the necessary adjunctive aids to treat the canal properly and the technique to minimize air bubbles and achieve maximum bond strength of the post and core
• Do you need to use a post cement and then a core material or can you do it all at once?
• So you want to put a round post into an oval canal?
• Canal preparation
• Ideal placement of etchant and adhesive
• Placement of post & core build-up in one step
• Preparation and customization of an overly flared canal
• Time permitting, post removal
read more >>