May 13, 2020
Live webinar presented by Matthew Wilton, LL.B. and Dr. Christopher Swayze, DDS, MBA
Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
Free of Charge
1.5 CE Hours Provided
During the ﬁrst part of this webinar, Matthew Wilton will address the following legal and regulatory issues:
- What happens if a dentist treats a patient who is neither an emergency patient or a patient requiring urgent care?
- How can dentists protect themselves from the risk of employees contracting COVID-19 in the workplace?
- How to properly bill emergency or urgent care patients;
- Can a dentist ask a patient to sign a consent form addressing the risk of the patient contracting COVID-19 in the dental office?
- What are the risks of being accused of abandoning your patients?
- General risk management advice to deal with COVID-19 clinical issues.
During the second part of the Webinar, Dr. Chris Swayze will answer the following clinical questions concerning COVID-19:
- My dental office is open concept, with no walls and doors? Can I perform aerosol generating dental procedures?
- How are other jurisdictions addressing the issue of reconfiguring dental operatories to meet standards?
- What is your opinion of the RCDS directive to wait 180 minutes prior to cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces?
- What are the most common types of non-aerosol generating procedures that dentists can perform?
- How can these procedures be performed safely?
- Discuss what orthodontic and minor cosmetic procedures could be performed without generating aerosols?
- What materials can I use to perform restorations?
- Can I treat primary teeth for children?
- How can rubber dams be utilized? Discuss the use of liquid rubber dams. And high volume suction.
- How can dentists utilize loupes or endodontic microscopes, if they are wearing a faceshield?
- Should I consider installing an air filtration unit for my office?
- Is it firmly established that COVID-19 is transmitted through aerosols?
- How do you think insurers are dealing with claims submissions in COVID-19 times?