August 21, 2018
University of Toronto, CDE Centre. 1440 Don Mills Ave.
Workplace injuries come in all forms, but some of the most dangerous ones are the ones we can’t see. Blood borne and respiratory infections are a very real risk to dental staff but can be easily managed by following infection prevention regulations and
recommendations for dentistry.
This seminar will help you answer the questions: Are you following proper infection control protocols? Are you up to date on provincial and national guidelines? What can you do to prevent IPAC lapses? This seminar will ensure dental offices are not only following regulations, but also observing best practices in infection prevention and control.
Presenter Dr. John Molinari has spent a lifetime studying, writing about and teaching infection control. In his two-and-a-halfhour presentation, Dr. Molinari examines the biggest risks in infection control for dental health care professionals today, and what steps you can take to guard against them.
You will learn:
- The latest updates to provincial and Canadian infection
- What vaccinations are most recommended for dental personnel.
- What are the latest technological advances in instrument
processing and sterilization.
- How to efficiently and effectively monitor sterilization.
- How to best use disposables and disinfectants for
- What can be done to minimize the risk of dental unit
- How hand hygiene is a fundamental component of your
infection control program.
Time: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Cost: $50 per Person or $200 for Office (4-6 people)
Registration: 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm | CE: 2 Credits