Dentistry is about more than shiny white smiles and fillings. Successful dental offices are a unique blend of high-quality care, patient-oriented logistics, and targeted dental marketing. Digital marketing is particularly important today, as 96% of Canadians are on Facebook and a further 55% use YouTube.
However, deciding which channels to market on can be tricky. Fortunately, you can make use of omnichannel marketing to connect with more users and bring more patients to your dental practice.
Marketers around the world use omnichannel marketing to connect with new audiences and improve their brand presence. That’s because users today explore an average of six touchpoints before making a purchase and many patients look around at competitors before coming through your door. You can stand out from the crowd by marketing across multiple social platforms and websites.
Omnichannel marketing is a customer-focused approach to advertising that puts the consumer in the driver’s seat. When using omnichannel marketing, your goal is to give your audience a seamless transition between different social platforms, email marketing, apps, and devices.
Omnichannel marketing usually occurs online but can be continued in your dentist’s office too. You can give patients access to tablets and branded content while they wait, and should use this opportunity to improve your brand awareness while giving patients useful information.
Marketing across multiple channels sounds complicated, but omnichannel marketing should actually simplify your approach to branded content. You can consider ideas like:
- Using the same image and video content across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and your website.
- Embeding links to an app that connects users with your services.
- Running the same promotional offers across all of your platforms, but respect the differences between sites like TikTok and Facebook.
- Creating an SMS service that ensures users receive important information when they interact with your emails, social posts, or blog.
Omnichannel marketing is something that major brands like Amazon do well. Amazon uses omnichannel marketing to connect with users across their mobile app, Alexa devices, smartwatches, and physical stores. Users get the same experience across multiple platforms and can easily make purchases using existing consumer information.
Fortunately, you don’t have to be a multinational corporation to enjoy the benefits of omnichannel marketing. Even a few small changes to your current social and SEO strategy can make a big difference.
Benefits of Omnichannel Marketing
Fifty-seven percent of the world’s population is on social media, and 80% of users engage with brands online. A further 40% of users believe that dentists who use social media are innovative, and 35% believe that dentists who use social media are more caring.
These statistics underline the power of social media. However, you can take your brand presence to the next level by utilizing multiple platforms to connect with your audience. Benefits of omnichannel marketing include:
- Improved reach: Omnichannel marketing helps you connect with patients who are on underutilized platforms like TikTok or YouTube.
- Better engagement: Users find it easier to engage with cross-platform content that is engaging, exciting, and genuinely useful.
- More accurate analytics: Spreading your influence across multiple social platforms, email campaigns, and websites gives you access to more analytic data. This can improve your SEO and help you identify areas for improvement.
- Increased traffic: Marketing across multiple channels draws more traffic to your website and points of sale. Consumers who engage with your brand on different platforms are more likely to purchase from your company than consumers who only see your content on a single channel.
- Greater ROI: Your marketing spend should always have a positive ROI. However, omnichannel marketing can bolster your ROI as you won’t need to create content from scratch and will gain new leads and sales from an array of social platforms, emails, and web advertisements.
Omnichannel marketing is a great way to boost your digital marketing and improve your brand awareness. Omnichannel marketing has a great ROI and can improve the accuracy of your SEO strategy in the long run.
Mistakes To Avoid
Omnichannel marketing can help your dental office stand out from the crowd. However, you should understand the common mistakes marketers make when trying to adopt omnichannel marketing before you post to TikTok or install QR codes in your office.
Start by unifying your brand identity. Too often marketers post content that doesn’t align with their practice’s brand identity. This will only deter patients, as they are looking for uniformity across multiple platforms. Be sure to use your office’s official logo and colour scheme whenever you post and agree on an overarching tone before you create a new blog article or YouTube video.
Accessibility is a hot topic in digital marketing – and for good reason. Failing to account for the differences between users can alienate your audience and tank your dentistry’s reputation. Customize your content to specific audiences by using data to track users’ preferences. This can help you avoid stereotypes, as data can help you create an authentic, accurate portrayal of your clientele.
Omnichannel marketing can unify your brand identity and draw more patients to your dental office. Consider creating an app and SMS service for your practice as this will funnel digital users to your service and give users a valuable touchpoint before they decide to book an appointment for a new filling or routine checkup.
About the Author
Beau Peters is a creative professional with a background in service and management. He is also an avid researcher and a writer of “all the things.” He has a passion for purpose-driven content and bettering the human experience. In his free time, he enjoys having a good cup of coffee and seeing the world.