On October 1, dentalcorp, with support from Oral Health Group, opened nominations for the Leaders in Practice awards. This inaugural industry award program was established to recognize dental care professionals across Canada for their contributions to the industry, leadership in their practices and impact on their community.
Leaders in Practice will provide an annual opportunity for Canadians to celebrate and thank industry professionals, whose efforts, elevate the industry as a whole. Leaders in Practice is asking teams across the country to nominate colleagues who they believe are deserving of recognition for their work and the care they offer patients.
Winners in each category will receive a cash prize, a personalized plaque, and a full-page feature in the April 2019 issue of Oral Health.
How it works
With eight categories, the program seeks to recognize every team member who impacts the patient experience. From professors and dental students who will shape the future of patient care, to clinicians and the practice support team, without whom delivery of exceptional care would not be possible.
Winners in each category will be chosen based on the level to which they exemplify one or more of our five key values:
- Integrity: Demonstrate commitment to doing what is right for their teams and patients in their care
- Innovation: An affinity for developing new techniques and research in dentistry
- Collaboration: Sharing knowledge and best practices with the broader dental community
- Excellence: striving to always improve and grow through personal and professional development
- Giving Back: demonstrating community volunteerism and an ongoing commitment to that involvement
Award nominations are open from October to November 30th at which point a panel of industry judges will select a short list of nominees. Lastly, finalists will be chosen by public vote, with voting open on the Leaders in Practice website throughout Janaury 2019.
To learn more about Leaders in Practice and to nominate a peer or yourself, please visit leadersinpractice.ca.