Looking to hire a punctual, friendly, charismatic, and dedicated individual. You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You must be able to work from Monday-Thursday from 8 am to 5 pm. On some occasions you might have to start at 7 am and finish by 6 pm.
Please read the job description and responsibilities below:
Dental Hygienist Responsibilities:
- Using dental instruments to clean accretions, calcareous deposits, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums.
- Looking for indications of oral cancer by feeling lymph nodes under patient chins for signs of tenderness or swelling.
- Noting and reviewing patient medical history.
- Using probes to examine and locate periodontal recessed gums and other signs of gum disease.
- Recording dental decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentists.
- Maintaining dental equipment and x-ray machine.
- Feeling and visually examining gums for signs of disease, sores, and other dental health issues.
- Exposing and developing x-ray film.
- Sharpening and sterilizing dental instruments.
- Promoting preventative dental care to improve patient oral health care.
- Applying fluorides and other dental decay prevention agents.
- Working with dentists and dental assistants.
- Maintaining a dental hygiene program for patients.
Dental Hygienist Requirements:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited hygiene program.
- State hygiene license.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Current on Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Ability to administer local anesthetic agents.
- Able to use an x-ray machine.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Knowledgeable about oral hygiene and dental health.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45.00-$55.00 per hour (depending on experience)
- 10-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
All surfaces are sanitized after every patient, all staff is to wear masks.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5R 3K5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Dental Hygiene: 1 year (required)
- Dental Hygienists: 1 year (required)
- English (required)
- Dental Hygienist License (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-01-23
Dr. Suzanne Caudry
Implant Dentistry and Periodontics
1235 Bay Street Suite #602
416.928.3444 |fax 416.972.0640