Today marks the start of Face Equality Week!
This global, annual campaign highlights the issues encountered by people with facial differences, and advances advocacy for a better, fairer world for the facial difference community. This year’s theme is education. During the week the global partners of Face Equality International will be sharing stories and resources, and holding virtual events.
As a proud founding member of Face Equality International, AboutFace is calling for your support:
- Join us for a special “In Conversation” event with Adam Bighill from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on May 22 at 3pm Central Time. Adam was born with a cleft lip and palate and will be sharing his story: “I was bullied growing up, and do as much anti-bullying awareness as I can. My message to everyone out there, let’s all work on having more empathy and respect for every human on this planet, or as simply, treat others the way you want to be treated.” Register here – space is limited.
- Join Christine De La Cruz from AboutFace’s Constituency Committee at the panel: “Face Equality in School.” This session will be on Face Equality International’s Facebook Live on May 23 at 7am Eastern Time.
- Post a selfie! You can also use the Face Equality Week selfie filter on Instagram and Facebook – find the filter under the effects section. Show your support and share your selfies and tag AboutFace – @aboutfacecanada on either platform – and Face Equality International – @faceequalityint.
- Check out our website this Thursday for the debut of psychosocial publications focused on addressing bullying. We also have a new resource available, in English and French, for teachers working with the facial difference community.
- Show your support for face equality and AboutFace – share our posts and tweets on your social media. You’ll find links at the bottom of this email to all our profiles.
- Make a donation to AboutFace, using the button below, and support our face equality initiatives.
There’s a lot going on from today to May 24 – please join us as we advance the cause for face equality!
See more of the latest dentistry news here!