Oral Health Group
News

Man Inhales Drill Bit Into Lung While at Dentist

April 19, 2022
by Live 5 News


What began as a routine dental visit landed an Illinois man in the hospital after he inhaled the dentist’s drill bit. A rare medical procedure was needed to remove it from his lung.

Tom Jozsi, a 60-year-old maintenance worker, says he was at the dentist getting a tooth filled when he swallowed an inch-long drill bit.

“I didn’t really even feel it going down. All I felt was a cough,” he said.

View the full story.


See more of the latest dentistry news! 


Print this page

Related


Have your say:

Your email address will not be published.

*