Oral Health Group

Man Nearly Dies After Getting Popcorn Stuck in his Teeth – When it Triggered Deadly Heart Infection

January 9, 2020
by The Sun

Adam Martin, 41, from Coverack, Cornwall, had tried everything to dislodge the piece of food and eventually gave up.

But it almost cost him his life as a week later he fell desperately ill and ended up needing open heart surgery.

Docs said he had contracted an infection called endocarditis, which is caused when germs from another part of your body, such as the mouth, spread through the bloodstream and damage areas of the heart.

To view the full story, please click here.

Read up on the latest clinical and practice management features from Oral Health. 

Print this page


Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *