The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry is offering several scholarships to dental students so they can attend the AACD’s Annual Scientific Session in May at no charge—a $1,645 value.
The AACD will host the session May 18-21 in Boston. The event, themed, “The Rise of Collaboration,” will offer lectures, workshops, and networking opportunities for cosmetic dental professionals.
The AACD APEX Student Scholarship includes:
· Registration fees to the annual scientific session ($125 undergraduate)
· Round-trip coach-class airfare (up to a $500 value)
· Four nights hotel accommodations (May 17 – May 21) for the annual scientific session ($1,000 value)
· One year of AACD membership ($20 undergraduate)
Undergraduate dental students are eligible to apply for the scholarships and will be judged on academic achievement, and their understanding of and commitment to the future of cosmetic dentistry. The deadline for applications is March 1.
To apply, students must submit:
· Completed scholarship application (available at www.aacd.com/students)
· Official dental school transcript (must be sent by a student’s school)
· Two letters of recommendation
· Essay (500-1000 words) on the social or scientific value of cosmetic dentistry
Applications will be accepted and reviewed by an AACD assigned review committee for consideration.
For more information, visit: www.aacd.com/students
About the AACD
The AACD is the world’s largest non-profit member organization dedicated to advancing excellence in comprehensive oral care that combines art and science to optimally improve dental health, esthetics, and function. Comprised of more than 6,300 cosmetic dental professionals in 70 countries worldwide, the AACD fulfills its mission by offering superior educational opportunities, promoting and supporting a respected Accreditation credential, serving as a user-friendly and inviting forum for the creative exchange of knowledge and ideas, and providing accurate and useful information to the public and the profession.