The Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD), is emphasizing a team approach to laser dentistry during ALD 2018, Dentistry’s Laser Meeting. The event is taking place from April 26-28th at the Caribe Royale in Orlando, Florida.
According to ALD’s executive director, Gail Siminovsky, “Laser dentistry delivers better patient outcomes when the entire dental team is well-trained on the many applications, specific techniques and sensible safety procedures related to this technology. That’s why in Orlando, there’s a strong focus on team training.” Here are some examples of ALD 2018’s team-friendly program:
- Keynote: “Tongue Tied: A Story Not Silenced by Oral Cancer” presented by Eva Grayzel, Six Step Screening
- Roundtable Discussion: “Straight Talk on Diode Lasers: Scientific and Practical Rationale for Clinical Dentistry” moderated by Georgios Romanos, PhD, DDS. Periodontology, Stony Brook University
“The more the dental team knows about laser technology and the business of dentistry, the better the health of your patients and practice, explains Siminovsky, “The ALD supports our valuable auxiliary team members with outstanding presenters and topics.”
- Lecture: “What to Say to Get the Pay- Coding, Billing, Scripting,” presented by Karen S. Parker, RDH, BSDH
- Lecture: “Laser Use During Implant Care,” presented by Heather Angers, RDH
- Lecture: “Photobiomodulation: Applications and Results,” presented by Mary Lynn Smith, RDH, Associate in Applied Science
- Lecture: “Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment Planning,” presented by Mary Lynn Smith, RDH
- Workshop: “Give ‘Em a Hand: Hygiene Hands-On,” presented by Angie Wallace, RDH and Jeanette Miranda, RDH
- Workshop: The Team Approach to Laser Use – Lasers and the Dental Assistant, presented by Angie Wallace, RDH and Jeanette Miranda, RDH
“Today’s successful practice marketing requires the entire dental team to be practice ambassadors on social media, in the office and in the community,” says Siminovsky. “That’s why we’ve included marketing-oriented courses appropriate for the entire team.”
- Lecture: “Growing Your Patient Base Through Effective Digital Marketing” presented by Corey Auger, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
- Lecture: “OMG! I Got A Bad Review. What Do I Do?” presented by Leonard Tau, DMD. PCDE
- Lecture: “Why Your Staff is Your Most Important Asset” presented by Corey Auger, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
For detailed and up to date information about ALD 2018, including courses, exhibitors, social events and registration, click here.
About the Academy of Laser Dentistry
The Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD) is the only independent and unbiased non-profit association devoted to laser dentistry and includes clinicians, academicians and researchers in all laser wavelengths. The Academy is devoted to clinical education, research, and the development of standards and guidelines for the safe and effective use of dental laser technology. ALD was founded in 1993, with the merging of the International Academy of Laser Dentistry, the North American Academy of Laser Dentistry and the American Academy of Laser Dentistry. For more information, visit www.LaserDentistry.org.
ALD’s upcoming annual meeting (ALD2018) promises to be the Academy’s biggest annual event to date. This year’s theme is “Innovation, Illumination, Imagination – Celebrating Laser Dentistry 25 Years and Beyond.” ALD2018 will take place from April 26-28th at the Caribe Royale Orlando, Florida. For more information and to register, visit http://www.laserdentistry.org/index.cfm/conference.