Launched at the end of 2011, the new Sirona SINIUS treatment center has now received the coveted “red dot design award”. In the past Sirona products have won numerous international design and innovation prizes.
No less than six Sirona products already bear the prestigious “red dot” label: inEos, SIROPure, inLab MC XL, CEREC MC XL and SIROLaser Advance. Now the SINIUS treatment center has joined this select group of prize-winners in recognition of its “high-quality design” (to quote the jury’s decision).
The 30-strong international jury singled out the SINIUS treatment center for a “red dot award: product design 2012”. This innovative product was created by the design consultancy Puls Produktdesign. Managing Director Andreas Ries explains the underlying concept as follows: “The design of the SINIUS is a good mixture of emotion and formal logic. It adheres strictly to functional and ergonomic criteria, but in formal terms is also sensuous and emotive.”
The SINIUS treatment center not only appeals to the senses but is also fully geared to streamlining the dentist’s workflow. In so doing it offers maximum quality and comfort. The product features and functions are unique to this class of treatment center and help the dentist adopt and maintain an efficient working mode. Examples of this are: firstly, the intuitive EasyTouch user interface; secondly, the innovative lift mechanism, which emphasizes the sleek modern lines of the treatment center; and thirdly, the built-in endodontic treatment function with file library and ApexLocator.
The SINIUS treatment center was one of 4,515 “red dot” competition entries submitted in 2012 by manufacturers from 58 countries. The prizes will be awarded at a gala ceremony with more than 1,000 guests at the Aalto Theater in Essen on 2 July 2012. The prize-winning products will then go on display at a special exhibition at the red dot design museum in Essen. This museum is part of the Zollverein Colliery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The technical innovations and design features of the Sirona products have attracted numerous awards in recent years:
- In 2010 the EasyTouch user interface of the TENEO treatment center received an “iF communication design award”. In the same year the SIROLaser Advance diode laser attracted an “honorable mention” in the context of the red dot design award.
- In 2009 Sirona won the prestigious US-based GOOD DESIGN Award for the CEREC AC digital acquisition unit and the SIROLaser Advance diode laser. The jury singled out the excellent design and convincing concepts of these products.In 2009 the TENEO treatment center was the first-ever dental product to win the distinguished iF Gold Award.
- In 2008 the MultiMotion headrest won the iF product design award.
- In 2007 the GALILEOS 3D X-ray system was one of the winners of the iF design award.
- In 2007 the French dental equipment industry association selected the PerioScan ultrasonic scaler as the “Innovation of the Year”.
- In 2007 the red dot design award went to the CEREC MC XL and inLab MC XL milling units; in 2006 to the SIROPure andpiece range; and in 2005 to the inEos dental scanner.
For further information please contact:
Sirona Dental Systems GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 6251 / 16 0
Fax: +49 (0) 6251 / 16 2591
Sirona, the dental technology leader, has served equipment dealers and dentists worldwide for more than 130 years. Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a complete line of dental products, including CAD/CAM restoration systems (CEREC), digital intra-oral, panoramic and 3D imaging systems, dental treatment centers and handpieces. Visit www.sirona.com for more information about Sirona and its products.