March 10, 2015
• Straumann® launches new Bone Level Tapered (BLT) Implant in conjunction with Straumann® Pro Arch, their new treatment solution for screw-retained full arch restorations
• The Straumann® BLT Implant is available now in North America
Andover, As the global market for dental implants is shifting towards shorter treatment times clinicians require solutions that reduce chair time, improve efficiency and profitability, and meet the needs of specific anatomic situations. At the same time, patients are demanding solutions that deliver esthetic benefits of the implant in a shorter amount of time.
Building on the clinically proven features of the Straumann® Bone Level Implant, the Straumann BLT Implant introduces the powerful combination of Roxolid®, SLActive®, Bone Control Design®, CrossFit® Connection, Consistent Emergence Profiles®, plus a tapered implant body.
Strength. Speed. Innovative Design.
• Designed to deliver primary stability in all bone classes making them ideal for immediate placement and loading1 even in challenging protocols
• Shape mimics the root of a natural tooth, thereby facilitating immediate placement between two opposing teeth with limited space
• Roxolid material delivers excellent biological properties and high tensile strength2
• Roxolid may allow the use of smaller-diameter implants with the same clinical performance as regular-diameter titanium implants3
• SLActive surface technology allows faster osseointegration and reduced healing time from 6 to 8 weeks to 3 to 4 weeks4
• Bone Control Design maximizes crestal bone preservation
• CrossFit Connection is designed to ensure precision against rotation and long-term mechanical stability Additionally, the tapered design of the Straumann BLT helps overcome anatomical restrictions such as converging tooth roots and concave jaw structures. It’s well suited for one- and two-stage procedures with reduced intra-procedural times.
Dental implants have become the standard of care when it comes to replacing one or all of a patient’s teeth. The Straumann BLT features a full thread at the tip of the implant that allows for early engagement of the threads and the three cutting notches enable placement in an underprepared osteotomy. The design of the Straumann BLT delivers flexibility in challenging clinical and anatomical situations.
Available March 12, the NEW Straumann® Bone Level Bone Profilers. The new Bone Level Bone Profilers should be used when the bone walls interfere with the abutment’s emergence profile. Remove bone coronally to the implant shoulder in the following situations; deeply placed implants, tilted implants and/or scalloped or sloped alveolar ridge.
For further information please visit us at the following events at the IDS Congress in Cologne at the AO, Booth # 621 in San Francisco or contact your local Straumann representative.
References: 1 When good primary stability is achieved. 2 Norm ASTM F67 (states min. tensile strength of annealed titanium); data on file for Straumann cold-worked titanium and Roxolid® implants. 3 Benic GI, Gallucci GO, Mokti M, Hämmerle CH, Weber HP, Jung RE. Titanium-zirconium narrow-diameter versus titanium regular diameter implants for anterior and premolar single crowns: 1-year results of a randomized controlled clinical study. Journal of Clinical Periodontology 2013 Nov;40(11):1052–61.Epub 2013 Sep 8. 4 Compared to SLA
About Straumann Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Straumann (SIX: STMN) is a global leader in implant, restorative and regenerative dentistry. In collaboration with leading clinics, research institutes and universities, Straumann researches, develops and manufactures dental implants, instruments, prosthetics and tissue regeneration products for use in tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss. Straumann currently employs approximately 2320 people worldwide and its products and services are available in more than 70 countries through its broad network of distribution subsidiaries and partners.