The Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD) the only independent and unbiased non-profit association dedicated to improving patient care with the proper use of laser technology, will carry on its mission with three hands-on sessions during the upcoming Greater New York Dental Meeting.
According to ALD president, Dr. Charles Hoopingarner, “I’m very excited to be co-presenting three valuable courses with my friend and colleague, Dr. Edward Kusek. As always, the ALD will provide hands on clinical training on many different lasers for both the new laser user as well as the more experienced clinician.”
The ALD-hosted courses are as follows:
- Hands-On Introduction to Lasers – Tech Talk / 3 CEUs
Monday, 11/27/17 l 9:45 – 12:00 l Exhibit Floor # 6216
Laser Tech Talk” provides an overview of clinical applications of lasers in contemporary dental practice. Interactive discussions will provide a balanced view of dental laser wavelengths, techniques and applications. Various laser manufacturers are present during the workshop to demonstrate the best of their products in a workshop forum. Attendees listen to each 10-minute “Tech Talk”; then rotate to demonstrate hands-on exercises specific to different lasers led by course faculty. Click here to register. Attendees will learn the following:
- A basic understanding of dental laser wavelengths for hard and soft tissue procedures, diagnosis and treatment
- Laser tissue interaction, its effects and results
- Basic laser physics, how lasers work and brief laser safety consideration
- Get the Most out of Diode Lasers / 3 CEUs
Monday, 11/27/17 l 2:00 – 5:00 l Exhibit Floor # 6216
Appropriate for the entire clinical team, this hands-on program covers safety protocol with the diode laser. Attendees will gain confidence by practicing procedures which can be applied as soon as they return to their office. Click here to register. Attendees will learn the following:
- How to perform: biopsies, create ovate pontic space, lAPT, removal of venous lake, aesthetic gingival recontouring, tissue troughing and implant uncovering
- The correct energy levels when using a diode laser to perform previous listed procedures safely
- Diode Laser Basic Competency Course – Laser Workshop / 6CEUs
Tuesday, 11/28/17 l 9:45 – 12:45 & 2:00 – 5:00 l Exhibit Floor #107
This 6-hour program includes both a lecture and hands-on portion covering a comprehensive overview and basic understanding of the diode dental laser. This program focuses on laser tissue interactions as well as the safety and operation of a variety of diode lasers that are provided by numerous companies. Attendees will be given a list of procedures to complete during this workshop. This program satisfies the ALD’s basic competency course. Click here to register. Here’s what will be covered:
- Popular diode laser procedures such as tissue troughing, frenectomies, laser sculpting in smile design, photo biomodulation to aid in wound healing, removable of redundant tissue for orthodontics and non-invasive periodontal procedures
- Correct safety procedures for staff, clinician and patient
- How diode lasers interact with soft tissue dental tissues
“The programs hosted by the ALD at the Greater New York Dental Meeting are just a snapshot of the in-depth laser dentistry curriculum we provide during our annual scientific sessions,” explained ALD executive director Gail Siminovsky. “Our upcoming scientific session in April will be our biggest annual event to date. Our theme is Innovation, Illumination, Imagination – Celebrating Laser Dentistry 25 Years and Beyond.”
ALD2018 will take place from April 26-28th at the Caribe Royale Orlando, Florida. For more information and to register, visit http://www.laserdentistry.org/index.cfm/conference.
About the Academy of Laser Dentistry
The Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD) is the only independent and unbiased non-profit association devoted to laser dentistry and includes clinicians, academicians and researchers in all laser wavelengths. The Academy is devoted to clinical education, research, and the development of standards and guidelines for the safe and effective use of dental laser technology. ALD was founded in 1993, with the merging of the International Academy of Laser Dentistry, the North American Academy of Laser Dentistry and the American Academy of Laser Dentistry. For more information, visit www.LaserDentistry.org.