A practice-based study was conducted to assess the influence of the Philips Sonicare AirFloss on oral hygiene amongst patients with mild to moderate gingivitis and who do not floss consistently. The study was executed and administrated by 340 Registered Dental Hygienists (RDHs), who assigned the product to 670 selected patients.
About the Study
- Each participant was provided with a Philips Sonicare AirFloss and then asked to use it routinely as directed, filling the product with BreathRx as the mouthwash, for a 60-day period.
- The RDHs were asked to provide pre and post-treatment assessment of the patients’ oral health condition and measurements of clinical markers such as levels of gingival inflammation and number of bleeding sites.
- Both the patients and the RDHs completed surveys after the trial period to assess their perceptions of Philips Sonicare AirFloss and the results it provided.
- RDHs believe Philips Sonicare AirFloss is a highly effective tool in improving oral health among patients. They reported that:
- 96% of patients showed improved oral hygiene
- 95% of their patients had improved gum health including reduction of gingival inflammation and bleeding
- An average of 73% had reduction in bleeding sites
- 95% of patients showed a reduction in gingival bleeding and inflammation
Philips Sonicare AirFloss is a hit with both RDHs and patients with:
- 95% of RDHs would recommend Philips Sonicare AirFloss to patients who do not currently floss
- 82% of patients said that they loved Philips Sonicare AirFloss and wouldn’t want to give it up
Philips Sonicare AirFloss helps patients who have not successfully adopted interproximal care into their regular routine to do so:
- 90% of RDHs reported that Philips Sonicare AirFloss would make it easier for their patients to incorporate interdental cleaning into their daily oral care routine
- 91% of patients said it would be an easy addition to their current oral routine
For more information, please visit us at: www.phiips.ca.