Andover, Straumann® is once again expanding its portfolio of regenerative solutions to better meet customer needs. Now, Straumann® Membrane Flex™ joins Straumann® Membrane Plus™, Straumann® XenoGraft, Straumann® AlloGraft, BoneCeramic™, and Emdogain® to provide a single trusted source for dental implant and regeneration needs.
More than a barrier. Versatile flexibility.
Desirable handling characteristics
- Because it’s not side specific, it’s easy to handle and to place
- With outstanding flexibility, it easily drapes over defects and naturally conforms to contours
- Flexibility with placement as it can be easily repositioned for precise placement
- Can be placed dry or hydrated
- Even when hydrated, does not adhere to gloves or instruments
- Takes sutures or tacks with ease, for simple yet secure fixation
- Proven biomechanical strength enhances fixation assurance*
- In pre-clinical testing, of the suture pull out strength was three times higher than BioGide®*
- Because of its significantly higher suture pullout strength, can be firmly anchored to surrounding tissue with minimal risk of tearing or detachment*
Supports wound healing
- Biocompatible because it’s meticulously manufactured from highly purified intact porcine collagen and minimally cross-linked for predictable resorption
- Reduced degree of inflammation and foreign body response as compared to BioGide® in pre-clinical testing*
- Protects the graft area from unwanted soft tissue infiltration during the initial phase of healing while still allowing for healthy nutrient transfer
- Resorbs predictably over 3 to 4 months as new host collagen is simultaneously regenerated
- With a slower initial rate of resorption than BioGide®, it provides greater initial stability during the critical early weeks of healing*
- Shown through in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical testing to exceed many of the performance characteristics of BioGide®*
- Available sizes: 15x20mm, 20x30mm, 30x40mm
This new offering along with other recent additions to the Straumann portfolio are more than products they provide customers with a total solution that yields patient satisfaction and practice success.
To learn more about the new Straumann® Membrane FlexTM visit www.straumann.ca/bone/
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Straumann (SIX: STMN) is a global leader in implant, restorative and regenerative dentistry. In collaboration with leading clinics, research institutes and universities, Straumann researches, develops and manufactures dental implants, instruments, prosthetics and tissue regeneration products for use in tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss. Straumann currently employs approximately 2320 people worldwide and its products and services are available in more than 70 countries through its broad network of distribution subsidiaries and partners.