License Still Active for Oral Surgeon After Arrest on Sexual Assault Charges
February 5, 2019
by Chelsea Donovan, WECT News
The North Carolina Dental Board of Examiners says it is looking into charges against 55-year-old Michael Hasson, an oral surgeon charged last week with sexually abusing at least four female patients while they were under anesthesia.
Hasson works at Wilmington Oral Surgery and has run the practice for 22 years. As of Monday morning, his license remains in good standing, according to the dental board website.
“We are just learning about this through the news media. This is our biggest priority and (we) plan to act as quickly as possible,” said Bobby White, CEO and legal counsel for the dental board.
White said the board has two investigators who focus on complaints and charges against dentists and oral surgeons. He did not state an exact time frame for when an investigation will start.