April 6, 2019
by Ann Smajstrla, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
A Virginia man is warning others after a routine dental procedure left him with an infection that’s taken years to heal.
Matt Brock, of Woodbridge, went two years ago to get a crown replaced on a dental implant, he told WUSA-TV. Brock said he’s no stranger to dental work and thought the procedure would be routine. But once it was over, he realized something wasn’t quite right.
“It was the most painful thing I’ve ever been through in my life,” he said.
From there, Brock’s symptoms became worse. He had trouble breathing and would become winded after walking up a flight of stairs. Brock was in and out of doctors’ offices for two years. Finally, Dr. Ammar Bafi, a cardiac surgeon at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, diagnosed him with a condition known as “endocarditis.” His heart had become infected after bacteria had seeped into his bloodstream.
To view the full story, please click here.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
read more >>