Carestream Dental today introduced six of the newest additions to its extraoral imaging system, intraoral imaging system, intraoral camera and software suites – all streamline workflow and improve doctor-to-patient communication. The products will debut at the 2012 Ontario Dental Association (ODA) Annual Spring Meeting, held through Saturday, May 12 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
During the ODA Annual Spring Meeting, the Carestream Dental team will showcase new solutions, which include:
- The CS 9300 features multiple fields of view for 3D images, ranging from 5 cm x 5 cm to 17 cm x 13.5 cm. These multiple fields of view enable practitioners to focus on a specific region of interest by collimating the field of view, giving clinicians the ability to limit radiation exposure to patients. Additionally, the CS 9300 offers practitioners 2D digital panoramic imaging with variable focal trough technology. The CS 9300 is also available with a cephalometric option.
- Delivering the highest resolution images of any intraoral sensor in the industry (> 20 line pairs/mm), the RVG 6500 System uses Wi-Fi technology to completely eliminate the need for a wired connection to a computer. In five seconds, images can be transferred to an operatory’s computer with no workflow interruptions. Available in three sizes, these waterproof and shock-resistant sensors are perfectly sized for any examination, including a size 0 sensor that is ideal for pediatric applications.
- Logicon Caries DetectorTM Software, the only FDA-approved caries detection software, is now available in an automatic version. This software serves as a computer-aided detection tool that is clinically proven1 to help dentists find more interproximal caries on intraoral radiographs. This new version of Logicon Software improves practice efficiency with the ability to automatically run the detection algorithm on all applicable tooth surfaces within a bitewing radiograph and immediately display the results, with a single click.
- The compact CS 7600 digital intraoral radiography system reinvents imaging plate technology by improving usability, productivity and security. This cost-effective system’s patented intelligent workflow technology prevents plate mix-up and reduces operation time. The CS 7600 is fully automated and as easy to use as film – with all the benefits of digital imaging.
- The CS 1600 is a multi-use intraoral camera that combines exclusive, patented caries detection technology with Carestream Dental’s industry-leading image quality. With the widest focus range on the market (1mm to infinity), this easy-to-use camera marks a leap forward in dental care; as dentists typically must rely upon traditional, more subjective methods of caries detection. This camera features the same unique liquid-lens autofocus technology as Carestream Dental’s 1500 Intraoral Camera as well as a sophisticated 18-LED illumination system and an optional polarizer filter to reduce glare.
- An additional new intraoral camera, the CS 1200, is easy to use and provides practitioners with an affordable entry point into digital imaging. The CS 1200 captures crisp, clear images. The camera’s wide focus range captures a variety of images including macro, single teeth, arches and smiles, and it has the ability to store up to 300 images within the camera itself.
“Carestream is dedicated to developing and producing solutions that help – not hinder – workflows and optimize patient care,” said Edward Shellard, D.M.D., chief marketing officer and director of business development for Carestream Dental. “We’re excited for practitioners to experience our new solutions and the time savings they provide.”
Carestream Dental welcomes ODA Annual Spring Meeting attendees to visit booth number 1617 to get a hands-on demonstration of its suite of products during the show. For more information on Carestream Dental’s solutions or to request a product demonstration, call 1.800.933.8031 or visit www.carestreamdental.com/oda2012.
1Gakenheimer, David C. “The Efficacy of a Computerized Caries Detector in Intraoral Digital Radiography.” Journal of the American Dental Association 133 (2002): 883-890
About Carestream Dental
Carestream Dental provides industry-leading imaging, software and practice management solutions for dental and oral health professionals. With more than 100 years of industry experience, Carestream Dental products are used by seven out of 10 practitioners globally and deliver more precise diagnoses, improved workflows and superior patient care. For more information or to contact a Carestream Dental representative, call 1.800.933.8031 or visit www.carestreamdental.com.
About Carestream Health
Carestream Health is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and healthcare IT solutions; molecular imaging systems for life science research and drug discovery/development; X-ray film and digital X-ray systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets.
For more information about the company’s broad portfolio of products, solutions and services, please contact your Carestream Health representative or visit www.carestream.com.