Modern dental health is a disaster zone. We are in the midst of an orthodontia epidemic. Four million U.S. kids need braces and 10 million need wisdom teeth extractions. Gum disease affects half of all U.S. adults, tooth decay is the most chronic disease in children today, and oral health concerns are both warnings and causes of other illnesses that harm the entire body. But reversing the trend is easier than we think; in fact, it all starts with your pantry.
In The Dental Diet: The Surprising Link between Your Teeth, Real Food, and Life-Changing Natural Health (Hay House, Inc., January 9, 2018), Dr. Steven Lin merges dental health and science to reveal how the right nutrition can improve your teeth and overall health.
An experienced dentist and the world’s first dental nutritionist, Dr. Lin lays out the ultimate dietary program to ensure you have a healthy mouth and body for the rest of your life. He even reveals why crooked teeth are the result of a nutritional program, and how parents can prevent braces by feeding children the right food starting with the earliest stages of their lives.
The Dental Diet arms readers with the tools they need – including a 40-day meal plan, exercises for the mouth, recipes, and simple cooking techniques to use in everyday life.
Combining cutting-edge research with real world applications, Dr. Lin’s approach will revamp your eating habits for a long and healthy life.
- Using actionable steps to achieve better dental health, Dr. Lin challenges readers to rethink their diets, unveiling:
- Your teeth matter the most: How your diet can completely prevent dental diseases
- No braces, no problem: How parents can raise kids who develop naturally straight teeth
- The missing factor in dietary guidelines: What needs to change about modern nutrition
- His 4-Step Diet for Healthy Teeth: The 40-Day Program to make your teeth and body healthier
- From teeth to tummy: Why your tooth decay could be a sign of digestive issues
- The one mistake every dentist has been making: Why focusing on brushing and flossing is fundamentally wrong
- The key nutrient that helps grow strong straight teeth and prevent disease all over the body
Dr. Steven Lin is a board-accredited dentist, passionate health educator, and TedX speaker. As the world’s first dental nutritionist, Dr. Lin is on a mission to prevent dental diseases, instead of simply treating them, by focusing on the link between nutrition and dental health. Trained at the University of Sydney with a background in biomedical science, he merges anthropological, physiological, and nutritional science with oral health to integrate effective prevention strategies into his own dental practice. Dr. Lin’s work has been published in MindBodyGreen, About.com, and The British Dental Journal, among other publications.
Learn more about Dr. Steven Lin at www.drstevenlin.com, or connect with Dr. Lin on Facebook.
The Dental Diet is currently available for pre-order on Amazon and will be available through all major booksellers on January 9, 2018.